Monday, January 19, 2009

I asked a girl to marry me.

When she could talk again, she said "Absolutely." With that, my life seems absolutely right. It's like when you're driving down a long stretch of an empty road, and you drive down the middle of it, just because you can. You would drive over those yellow lines all the time if you could, because things are balanced and the direction you're going is absolutely clear.

I think I have the beginning of country song. "Driven down that two lane-highway, 'cept it's one lane just for us."

All I want to do is sit in a slightly dim room and talk very quietly with her, holding her hand and rubbing her shoulder. This moment is enveloped in understood love, and nothing external can get in to it. Now I see why Denise said to stay engaged as long as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home