Thursday, May 21, 2009

Should I just change the blog title...?

...to "Mad as hell" ? I came across these three articles within 30 minutes of each other.

Are Wall Street Speculators Driving Up Gas Prices? (Answer: Yes, and it's the ones taxpayers have bailed out. You know, taxpayers. You and me. Who drive cars. The people that bailed out the banks are paying more for gas because the bailed out banks are driving up the price of gas. See what they did there?)

Student loans turn into crushing burden for unwary borrowers
My guess is student loan companies are next on the chopping block after home lenders and credit card companies.

Borrowing is Nearly Half of All U.S. Federal Government Funding My favorite part of this are these fun statistics:

1. Individual Income tax: $953 Billion
2. Corporate Income tax: $147 Billion

As a percentage of income, that seems WILDLY skewed to me. Any mathemagicians have any thoughts on the subject?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home